My first round of goals were more trajectories than concrete goals. So here are some real goals before I move on to the next NYNY prompts.
1) Finish the car-protection talismans tomorrow. They just don’t quite feel “done” yet.
2) Write up my Dark Moon rites for the amusement of my readers.
3) Keep up with the New Year New You prompts.
Short Term: Complete Before Break Ends
1) Interpret the natal chart I’ve calculated for Sannafrid. I’ve been studying a bit of astrology along with ceremonial magic, and doing birth charts for friends has been my chief method. I promised hers by the start of the new semester, and I’ll keep that promise damn it.
2) New title for my book of shadows.
3) Research or design and make a talisman to help me with my Greek language studies. That shit is kicking my ass.
4) Resume my attempts at astral projection. Astral projection has always fascinated me—it was one of my first major magical efforts, back in high school—but has also always eluded me. This is unacceptable.
Short Term: Complete Before Valentine’s
1) Finish interpreting my own natal chart. I’ve been working on it off and on for half a year, but my ego keeps getting in the way.
2) Illustrated meditation on the Element of Earth and finish my meditation on the Element of Water.
3) Develop an outline for the new book of shadows.
4) Transport this blog to wordpress. Blogger is getting on my nerves. I hope this won’t irritate my established readers too badly, but there are just so many technical advantages to wordpress. I wanted to use it originally, actually, but it was broken the day I decided to register my domain.
5) Successfully achieve astral projection.
6) Complete (for the purposes of my survey of ceremonial magic, though not in any larger sense) my studies of Earth/Malkuth and Moon/Yesod.
Medium Term: Complete This Semester
1) Successfully visit the astral temple of another practitioner.
2) Add Athena and Hermes to my altar.
Long Term: Complete by the End of 2012
1) Finish the first draft of my novel Necromancer and the Mark of the Wolf. I’ve been working on this draft for almost five years, and working on the story in one form or another for a decade. The story is about 3/5ths complete.
2) Produce a draft of Witches’ Brew. This is a project Aradia and I have been talking about for the last year or so: a magical recipe book of homebrew, teas, and potions.